Business Development Manager
Your new career at Construction Journal awaits. Apply below.
This position is available for immediate hire within our Sales department located in Remote Position, U.S.A..
Company DescriptionConstruction Journal is a provider of construction project information delivered through the cloud. We introduced our first online service in 1997 and have since expanded our service offering to over 30 states. Our core mission is to empower our customers with actionable intelligence to help them secure relationships with their existing customers and build new relationships to increase revenue.
Our SaaS platform provides comprehensive and time sensitive information on construction projects and service contracts. Our service offering is intuitive and easy to use. We deliver our service offering via major internet browsers. We sell to businesses of all sizes that have an interest in construction project information on a subscription basis primarily through our direct sales efforts.
Role DescriptionWe are seeking a resourceful, driven, sales professional with a competitive spirit, and strong business acumen to help build our client base in the construction information space. If you have a curiosity for technology, a passion for making your customers successful, and the ability to articulate the ROI of an enterprise solution across multiple stakeholders, then this could be the role for you.
Successful Business Development Managers at Construction Journal have experience doing deep levels of discovery and objection handling at every level. They are engaged with their prospects and customers at every level of the sales cycle, from prospecting to product presentation through to the development of the deal, to the close of business, and beyond. They are trusted advisors to the C-Suite and the end users. This person will be focused on selling the business solutions that help our clients grow their market share. They will leverage their expertise to drive new revenue and help our customers reach new levels of success.
Our goal is to build an organization of smart, ambitious Business Development Managers, committed to our mission and focused on winning, but able to balance this with a respectful, healthy environment and lifestyle. At Construction Journal, integrity and reliability are as important as talent and effort.
- To exceed monthly / quarterly sales targets by driving new opportunities and selling Construction Journal solutions
- You will manage the entire sales process to ensure delivery against key performance metrics, with a strong emphasis on new business sales, while expanding existing accounts
- Pipeline development through a combination of cold calling, email campaigns and market sector knowledge/intelligence
- Create and maintain a sales pipeline to ensure over-achievement
- Engage with prospect organizations to position Construction Journal solutions through strategic value based selling, business case definition, ROI analysis
- Generate short term results whilst maintaining a long term perspective to maximize overall revenue generation
- Manage prospect and customer records to improve upon existing contacts in sales database
Required Skills and Experience
- 3+ years sales experience, preferable business to business
- Consistent and documented track record for over performing sales and revenue goals
- Excellent presentation and listening skills
- Outstanding communication, organizational and time management skills
- Process and metric oriented
- Must be able to thrive in a fast pace and constantly changing environment
- Prior experience selling SaaS platforms would be an advantage
- Prior experience with CRM’s and Salesforce.com is a plus
- Ability to work as part of a team
Applicant should be local to the Remote Position, U.S.A. area, as we will not relocate.