This position is available for immediate hire within our Research department located in Phoenix, AZ.
Company DescriptionConstruction Journal is a provider of construction project information delivered through the cloud. We introduced our first online service in 1997 and have since expanded our service offering to over 30 states. Our core mission is to help our customers increase their revenue by empowering them with actionable intelligence.
Our SaaS platform provides comprehensive and time sensitive information on construction projects and service contracts. Our service offering is intuitive and easy to use. We deliver our service offering via major internet browsers. We sell to businesses of all sizes that have an interest in construction project information on a subscription basis primarily through our direct sales efforts.
Role DescriptionWe are seeking a skilled Data Specialist to join our team. This position is suited for a strong purpose driven leader who strives to be part of a dynamic and ambitious team. The ideal candidate should have experience in customer service and strong communication skills. This is a fast-paced, multi-tasked position. If you like to be challenged and work independently then this could be the role for you.
In this critical role, you will communicate with architects, engineers, contractors, and public agencies by phone and internet to obtain timely and accurate information on a variety of new and existing construction projects. You will be part of an elite team of Data Specialists that are focused on identifying, gathering, and analyzing construction project data.
Our goal is to build an organization of smart, ambitious Data Specialist, committed to our mission and focused on winning, but are able to balance this with a respectful, healthy environment and lifestyle. At Construction Journal, integrity and reliability are as important as talent and effort.
- Developing relationships with Federal, State, and local public agencies, architects, engineers, and consultants to obtain plans and specifications of out-to-bid construction projects
- Process legal notices with public bid information and entering bidding details contained therein
- Outbound calling to government agencies to obtain public information for new and existing construction projects in the bidding stage
- Obtaining, plans, specifications, and bidders/plan holders list on out to bid projects
- Data Entry
Required Skills and Experience
- Computer Proficiency with ability to type 55 WPM
- Professional work ethic and can-do attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to meet daily and weekly deadlines
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment that also requires strong team work
- College degree preferred or previous work experience
- Knowledge in the construction industry is a plus, but is not a requirement
Applicant should be local to the Phoenix, AZ area, as we will not relocate.