This position is available for immediate hire within our Research department located in South Burlington, VT.
Company DescriptionConstruction Journal is a provider of construction project information delivered through the cloud. We introduced our first online service in 1997 and have since expanded our service offering to over 30 states. Our core mission is to help our customers increase their revenue by empowering them with actionable intelligence.
Our SaaS platform provides comprehensive and time sensitive information on construction projects and service contracts. Our service offering is intuitive and easy to use. We deliver our service offering via major internet browsers. We sell to businesses of all sizes that have an interest in construction project information on a subscription basis primarily through our direct sales efforts.
Role DescriptionSeeking responsible and detail-oriented individuals to join our Data Specialist team. If you like to be challenged and work independently then we may be the career opportunity for you. We offer competitive compensation and employee benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance.
As a Data Specialist, you will communicate with individuals and organizations within the construction industry by phone, email, and internet to obtain timely and accurate information on a variety of new and existing construction projects. You will be part of an elite team focused on identifying, gathering, and reporting construction project information.
We are expanding our team of smart, ambitious Data Specialists who are committed to each other's success and the company mission. We promote a diverse work environment where respect, work commitment, and dedication to excellence are as important as living a balanced lifestyle. At Construction Journal, integrity and reliability are as important as talent and effort. Forward your resume to learn more about job opportunities with Construction Journal!
- Heavy outbound calling to owners, architects, engineers, and general contractors to obtain specific construction project information.
- Developing relationships with Construction Managers, Architects, and Engineers to obtain notice of construction projects in conception and planning phases.
- Collect, process, and input information provided from public offices of zoning notices, site plan approvals, newspaper articles for potential construction projects being considered.
- Obtaining, plans, specifications, and bidders/plan holders list on out to bid projects.
Required Skills and Experience
- Computer Proficiency with ability to type 55 WPM.
- Professional work ethic and can-do attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to meet daily and weekly deadlines.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment that also requires strong team work.
- Advanced education preferred or previous industry work experience.
- Knowledge in the construction industry is a plus, but is not a requirement.
Applicant should be local to the South Burlington, VT area, as we will not relocate.