Information Collected by Construction Journal
You may browse our site without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Once you give us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us any further. If you choose to provide us with personal information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers located in the United States.
The following discloses Construction Journal information gathering and dissemination practices for the websites www.constructionjournal.com and www.thecj.com. We may collect and store the following personal information:
- Email address, physical contact information, and depending on the subscription/agreement payment terms you chose, such information as credit card or bank account numbers.
- Financial information that is collected is used to bill the user for products and services.
- Information from your interaction with our site, services, content and advertising, including computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from websites, ad data, IP addresses and standard web log information.
- Your internet protocol (IP) address may be used to help identify you and/or your purchases, and to provide you with customized or automated features.
- Our website uses order forms for users to request information, products and/or services.
When you enter sensitive information, including credit/debit and bank account numbers, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). To learn more about SSL, please visit www.verisign.com .
Cookies are used on this website. A cookie is a small text file that is created for record-keeping purposes. We use both "session cookies" and "persistent cookies."
Session cookies maintain information about your current session; they make it easier for you to use our website and they permit specialized functionality. A session cookie is not stored on your computer's hard drive and expires when you close your Internet browser.
We also use persistent cookies, which remain on your computer's hard drive for an extended period of time. A persistent cookie allows you to bypass the login requirement each time you access the website. You can remove persistent cookies by following the directions in your Internet browser's "help" files. Additionally, we may use a persistent cookie to enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our website. We do not store in persistent cookies any personally identifiable information you submit while on our website.
Use of Information Collected
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a secure, smooth, professional, and customized experience. Any information collected by us is never sold, rented, loaned or otherwise distributed or transferred to any third party for any reason.
You agree that we may use your personal information for the following:
- The purpose of communicating with users on order-related issues.
- Provide customer support as requested.
- Occasionally contacting that user with important news regarding our service and/or the user's account status.
- We collect user search activity and email alert preferences for statistical, archival and business purposes as users may sign up for email alerts through our website.
- To resolve disputes, collect subscription fees, and troubleshoot issues with service and/or billing.
- To prevent prohibited or illegal activates and to enforce our User Agreement.
Construction Journal considers data an asset and we protect it with the use of password protection, encryption, secure socket layer technology (SSL), and other means of asset protection. We do this to protect your information from unauthorized access and disclosure. Your information is stored on our servers located within the United States.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the internet is 100% secure or method of electronic storage. While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We post customer testimonials on our web site which may contain personally identifiable information such as the customer's name. We do obtain the customer's consent to post their name along with their testimonial prior to any posting of such testimonial.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
Construction Journal reserves the right to modify this privacy statement at any time.